Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Loveil Lenses: Brown Mirage & Ash Grege

Review: Japanese Contact Lenses

So in the midst of dealing with my post holiday blues, I shall do a review of my recent beauty hauls from various drugstores in Japan, one at a time.

Japanese drugstores has a massive collection of makeup, skincare and beauty products enough to drain half my traveling funds, if not more.

I have been a contact lens wearer for a decade. As far as colored contact lenses are concern, I find it almost impossible to purchase one in mortar shops which provides good amount of comfort, preferred diameter as well as the balance of colors which fit my eyes naturally.

I usually get my contacts online because those from shops are either pricey, uncomfortable, or too small in diameter.

Don Quixote have a fair collection of cosmetic lenses and the selection is fantastic especially if you do not have any prescription. There are more choices for lenses without prescription but also a fair bit for the ones with prescription.

I decided to pick a chocolate color and grey color, my preferred choice of colors for cosmetic lenses.











Comfort: As these are dailies they are far more comfortable than any monthly or yearly lenses, generally speaking.


Size: The diameter of 14.2mm is just right for me as I prefer something not too large (unnatural) or something too obscure. I do like some enlarging effect.


Color: 
(BROWN MIRAGE) The lenses has a lovely brown rim which I prefer as suppose to a black rim because brown appears less harsh, and has a more gradual effect. The color stood out to me as chocolatey brown, as advertised. The overall effect is relatively natural and close to what I was expecting.

(ASH GREGE) Speaking from the countless pairs of colored contacts I have tried and spent my money on, grey lenses are usually more dramatic in comparison to browns and hazels. For Loveil, this is not an exception. The grey is however, not piercing bright, which ranks high on subtlety compared to many others I have seen. Loveil Ash Grege is a refreshing change for folks who wants a dash of color without compromising the wearable factor.

Overall: 
The only qualm I have is not buying more. They are absolutely natural and great for everyday wear.


No comments:

Post a Comment