Thursday, January 8, 2015

Tokyo Disneysea, Japan

Tokyo Disneysea, Japan

Yesterday, my Fujitsu laptop decided to end it's life at a grand age of 7 and I am impressed by it's longevity!

So anyway, due to the nature of my job they have forgo transferring of files between devices. Which means, I might not be able to blog for the time being with new pictures since my laptop has given up on me.

I have very mixed feelings with regards to the clamp on the use of storage devices but that for another day.

Maybe I would be more inclined to blog about my good old Japan trip cause that's all the photos I have for now.

In case you are wondering how KFC in Japan is like:


Drink: Carbonated Honeydew (Very sweet!)
Baked Pastry with Potato Stew: The nicest of all! The stew comes with pasta and it's creamy and delightful.
Chicken Cutlet: Because there is something very satisfying about sinking your teeth into a whole piece of salty fried chicken goodness.
Fish Fillets: They are so-so to me, same goes for fries and biscuit.


First photo upon arriving the hotel (I just reminded myself how much I look like a dumpling in thick clothes). Please visit G.U. shop in Japan! It is a more chic version of Uniqlo and carries cheap, nice winter wear so you won't look like dumpling in Japan.

Our brekkie at one of train station's udon shop which serves very fresh udon noodles before heading to where dreams come true:



We combed through Disneysea in a random manner so photos are not in order. Basically the trick is to get express pass for all the most exciting rides and in between, do anything else! We shortlisted a few worthy rides with the help of google and they are:

(Ranking in the order of recommendation.)

1) Journey to the Center of the Earth
2) Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
3) Toy Story Mania
4) Tower of Terror

We took the first 3 rides mentioned and it was worth every trip to Disneysea. Tower of Tower being the last reason being we didn't get to try.




We went on a Thursday and got the tickets on the spot. As you can see the queue is not that bad! There was almost no queue at all. Tickets cost about SGD 60+, which is quite affordable.




Somewhere inside of Journey to the Centre of the Earth. Who would have thought so many real gems are used for props?


Journey to the Centre of the Earth is worth every effort to Disneysea! The details are impeccable right to the end and the ride is well thought of. It is a true cliff-hanger, with excitement where you least expected and won our hearts over the other rides.

Temple of Doom is a classic roller coaster, which is good enough for me speaking for a roller coaster fanatic.






Inside Mermaid Lagoon, where the rides are children-friendly, which spells boring. I am slightly disappointed because I love Little Mermaid but not merry-go-rounds.

We spent some time in the shop in hope of buying some merchandise home but came out with nothing.


Pressed B for pizzas as I started to get hungry. He told me we didn't come to Japan for pizzas but gave in anyway. I chose sausage/ham and he called me boring. He picked seafood promptly, only to regret in the later part.





Group of Japanese girls dressed as Pluto (?) in unison, which is a common sight in Disneysea.








We noticed a Disney cruise ship coming onshore with characters on board to sing and perform a few Christmas Carols.




This is our last ride of the day.




We missed the express queue number and the wait is a good 1.5 hours! It was a crazy wait, we were cold and hungry but pressed on. Eventually, we gave in for popcorns which took B a long time to get because the stall is far away. We got the cheese flavored one which is not bad but I would really love to get my hands on the white chocolate popcorns.



Anyway... the ride is not what we have been expecting. We grabbed 4D glasses, got seated and kept our hands busy in the dark. There is no adrenaline rush or heart-pumping rides but a shooting game made possible by the use of 4D technology, and probably the most relaxing ride among the top 4. It was not too bad, probably a good way to end our Disney trip at a slower pace.

Overall: ⋆ to 
Because... it's Disneysea! We would try Disneyland next time. Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment