Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Costa Sands Resort, Sentosa

  I have been occupied with activities such as my company DnD, a baby shower, recuperating from flu, and finally, registering for my JLPT N5. I have always desired to be multilingual and I am glad to have taken the first step by attending classes and not chickening out for exams.

I can't help but wonder, how do some people manage another language while working full-time? With homework and classes on the weekends, there is very little time left for revision and at times, all we feel like doing is lounging on the beach, like so:


So. With nothing substantial and interesting enough to blog about, today's post would be backdated to when we had time to, take a day off and chill by the beach.

Some 7 months ago, we had a family gathering in Costa Sands Resort (Sentosa) and today, I am going to recount my experiences based on these dated photos

The exterior:




The room:










Our chalet room is basically as big as a shoebox apartment. It is virtually impossible to take a full picture of the whole room.

We had 2 single beds and a thin mattress by the side.

The rest of the room amenities are nothing more than basic, but suffice for 1 or 2 nights stay for 2. From the size of the room, we concluded that the chalet could only accommodate 2 or 3 pax comfortably at it's best.

We headed out for some fresh air and sneaked into Hard Rock Hotel since it was in the vicinity. 






Since it was raining, we went indoors and toured the shops in slippers and shorts. These plushies are cute but obviously priced for tourists! 









After dinner and some tv, we decided to go and take a stroll along the beach in the dead of the night simply because, how often can we do it? We live in the West and work 5 days a week. 

I cannot remember when I developed a liking for going outdoors at night but let's just say I am not a morning person.

Anyway, it is a soothing experience to do stargazing on the beach and have a go at one of the large trampolines by the beach.

We ended the day with cup noodles for supper and more tv with poor connection.

Although chalets are probably losing their popularity to hotel stay-cations, I would still recommend anyone who grew up throwing birthday bash in chalets, for you know, memories sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment